(PhD NYU, 1987; Assoc Prof) Historic and urban archaeology, ethnohistory, archaeology of gender; American Culture (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 2002 Recipient, New York City Book Award for history published in the year 2001, by The New York Society Library, for Unearthing Gotham: The Archaeology of New York City (with Anne-Marie Cantwell), Yale University Press.
- Forthcoming An Archaeological Guide to New York City
[with A.-M. Cantwell]. New Haven: Yale University Press.
- 2001 Unearthing Gotham: The Archaeology of New York City [with A.-M. Cantwell]. New Haven: Yale University Press.
- 1996 “History and Archaeology of New York” [with co-author
N. Rothschild] in Unearthed Cities: Edo, Nagasaki, Amsterdam, London, New York. Tokyo: Tokyo Metropolitan Edo-Tokyo Museum.
- 1994 The Archaeology of Gender: Separating the Spheres in Urban America. Interdisciplinary Contributions to Archaeology.
New York: Plenum.
- 1994 “From Prehistory to the Present: Studies in Northeastern Archaeology in Honor of Bert Salwen,” Northeast Historical Archaeology, Vol. 21-22.
- 1991 “Sacred Dinners and Secular Teas: Constructing Domesticity in Mid-19th-Century New York,” in Gender in Historical Archaeology, D. Seifert, ed. Society for Historical Archaeology Special Publication 9.
- 1987 “Settlement System Analysis in Historical Archaeology: An Example from New York City,” in Living in Cities: Current Research in Urban Archaeology, E. Staski, ed. Historical Archaeology Special Publication 5.