(PhD Stanford, 1995; Assoc Prof) Diaspora and transnationalism; race, place and space; Black identities: U.S. and Britain (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dropping Anchor, Setting Sail: Geographies of Race in Black Liverpool, Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press (2005)
- “Black Europe and the African Diaspora: A Discourse on Location.” In Darlene Clarke Hine, ed. Black Europe And the African Diaspora. Bloomington: Indiana University Press. (2009)
- “The Racial State of the Everyday and the Making of Ethnic Statistics in Britain.” Social Text 98, Vol 27(1) 11-36 (2009)
- “In the Eye of the Beholder: Placing Race and Culture.” Antipode: A Radical Journal of Geography, March 2007.
- “Enslaving History: Narratives on Local Whiteness in a Black Atlantic Port.” American Ethnologist 27(3):340-370 (2000)
- “Black Liverpool, Black America and the Gendering of Diasporic Space.” Cultural Anthropology 13(3):291-325 (1998)