(PhD Columbia, 1979; Adj Prof, Dept of Anth, American Museum of Natural History) Cultural Anthropology, religion, myth, narrative; East Asia (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 2003 Vietnam: Journeys of Body, Mind, and Spirit, Nguyen Van Huy and L. Kendall, eds. Berkeley: University of California Press.
- 2002 “The Battered Wife’s Tale,” in Mementos, Artifacts, and Hallucinations from the Ethnographer’s Tent, Ron Emoff and David Henderson, eds. New York: Routledge.
- 1996 Getting Married in Korea: Of Gender, Morality and Modernity. Berkeley: University of California Press.
- 1996 “Korean Shamans and the Spirits of Capitalism,” American Anthropologist83(3):512-527.
- 1988 The Life and Hard Times of a Koran Shaman: Of Tales and the Telling of Tales. Honolulu: University of Hawaii Press.
- 1985 Shamans, Housewives, and Other Restless Spirits: Women in Korean Ritual Life. Honolulu: University of Hawaii Press.