(PhD Temple U 1987; Prof) Political economy, equality, labor, Southern Europe/Mediterranean (email@example.com)
Michael Blim is the author of Equality and Economy: The Global Challenge (2005) and Made in Italy: Small-Scale Industrialization and Its Consequences (1990); he is co-editor with Frances Rothstein of Anthropology and the Global Factory (1992). He is currently writing a book about narratives of economic decline based upon new field research in Central Italy. A second book on equality and global justice is also underway.
Professor Blim is the author of a monthly column called “Below the Fold” at
Selected Books and Articles Available Online:
- 2016 “History, Power and the Rise of the United States Ruling Class.”
- 2016 “Economic Crisis, 2008: What Happened, What Can Be Learned About How And Why, What Could Happen Next.”
- 2016 “We Have All Been Here Before:Inequality and Economic Crisis as Chronic Historical Conditions, 1974-2016”
- “Is the ‘Common Good’ Good Enough? The Case for More Egalitarian Remedies in Pursuing the Common Good”
- 2014 “The Long and the Short of it: The Value of the Concept of the Longue Duree ́ in the Analysis of Contemporary Economic Development and Decline.” (with G. Goffi) Economia Marche Journal of Applied Economics 33.1 (June 2014).
- 2014 “Kinship and Economic Crisis in the Shoe District of the Marche Region.” (with G. Goffi). Economia Marche Journal of Applied Economics 33.2 (December 2014).
- 2005 Equality and Economy: The Global Challenge. AltaMira Press.
- 2005 Ending World Poverty: Jeffrey Sachs’ Millenarian Vision
- 2004 A Death in the Family: Reflections on Economic Decline in an Industrial District (Paper given, Universita di Milano-Biccocca, May 23, 2004)
- Defining a Field, Describing a World: Jane and Peter Schneider and the Study of Modern Italy
- Gender Equality and Neoliberal Development Policies
- 1990 Made in Italy: Small-Scale Industrialization and its Consequences. Praeger Publishers.
- 2016 Anthropology 74200 Ethnology/Ethnography of the Mediterranean
- 2015 Anthropology 72400 Markets: A Critical Historical Approach
- 2013 Anthropology72200 Anthropology of Work and Labor
- 2013 Anthropology 72400 Problems In Capitalist Development
- 2012 Anthropology 70800 Economic Anthropology and the Economic Crisis
- 2008 Anthropology 72200: Work and Labor
- 2007 Anthropology 71700: Key Debates in the Study of Capitalism
- 2006 Anthropology 70800: Economic Anthropology